Today I offer you a recipe for chicken with aubergine that I have made several times. It gave me the opportunity to introduce a brand-new dish that I bought for myself I have a weakness for casseroles like this, and it’s quite different from a beef bourguignon. I chose to prepare the chicken and aubergine recipe as I do, by slicing them with a mandolin and then baking them. It must be said that this is a vegetable that does not let itself be tamed easily. Its texture easily turns it into a “fat sponge” and its bitterness can be confusing. I smear them with olive oil on both sides and put them in the oven for 10 minutes. These aubergine slices are then placed on a layer of onions and then covered by the chicken cut into pieces. We finish with the rest of the onions and aubergine slices and then slide everything into the oven. The dish simmers 1:30 to 2 hours, and the result is ultra melting. I serve it with wild rice, but you can opt for potatoes or fresh pasta.Enjoy your meal !
chicken and aubergine recipe
A healthy chicken breast recipes in a fondant mixture of aubergine and onions.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS Chicken and aubergine recipe
- 1 kg of aubergine
- 4 large onions
- olive oil
- 1 chicken cut into pieces
- 20 cl of chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ½ bunch of coriander
- 1 dose of saffron
- coarse salt
- salt pepper
INSTRUCTIONS Chicken and aubergine recipe
- Wash the aubergine and cut them into slices.
- Put them in a colander and sprinkle them with coarse salt.
- Let the aubergine slices drain for 15 minutes in a colander.
- Rinse them and then dry them thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Using a brush, coat the aubergine slices on both sides and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the aubergine are golden brown.
- Repeat until the aubergine are all gone.
- Lower the oven temperature to 150 ° C.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Brown them in a casserole dish with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Let them melt slowly then remove them from the casserole dish.
- Brown the pieces of chicken in the casserole dish on all sides then keep them warm.
- Place half of the onions in the bottom of the casserole dish then add half of the aubergine.
- Place the chicken pieces on top then cover with the rest of the onions.
- Finish with the aubergine then pour in the chicken broth, saffron and chopped garlic.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cover the casserole dish then bake for 1h30 to 2h.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and wild rice.
Did you like the chicken and aubergine recipe? if so, leave us a nice comment.
Chicken and aubergine recipe . healthy chicken breast recipes . healthy chicken recipes . recipes healthy . healthy recipes to lose weight . easy healthy recipes