These Breakfast Egg Rolls, loaded with eggs, sausage, and veggies cooked in the oven or air fryer, are a fun twist on an egg sandwich. Perfect for making ahead and reheating as needed.
Breakfast Egg Rolls
These crispy Breakfast Egg Rolls are stuffed with scrambled eggs, chicken sausage (or use bacon), green onions, and bell peppers for a different take on an egg sandwich or breakfast taco. I love dipping mine in my favorite salsa. Keep a stash in your freezer, so you always have a protein-filled breakfast ready to go. For some more egg roll recipes, check out my Pastrami Reuben Egg Rolls, Avocado Egg Rolls, and Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls.
How to Cook Egg Rolls
You can cook these breakfast egg rolls in an air fryer or oven.
- For the air fryer egg rolls, preheat to 370 degrees and spray the egg rolls with oil. Cook in batches for 10 minutes, turning halfway.
- For the oven, bake for 12 to 16 minutes turning over halfway through. The end results will be golden and crispy egg rolls.
These egg rolls are perfect to make ahead and freeze for later. You don’t even have to thaw them – just bake them from frozen.
- Freeze in a freezer-safe bag for up to six months.
- If air frying frozen breakfast egg rolls, cook for 12 to 14 minutes.
- For the oven, bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
Can you freeze egg roll wrappers?
Yes, if you have any leftover egg roll wrappers, you can freeze them. You may want to put a piece of parchment paper in between each wrapper so that they don’t freeze together.
Breakfast Egg Roll Variations:
- Omit the sausage to make them vegetarian.
- Swap the sausage for bacon.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to the eggs.
- If you don’t have any green onions, you can use yellow onions.
- Add in some fresh diced jalapenos with the sauteed veggies for a little heat.
More Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes:
Breakfast Egg Rolls
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound chicken or turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- olive oil spray
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- salsa, optional for dipping
- Beat eggs with water, salt and black pepper.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 4 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in scallions and peppers and cook 2 minutes. Set aside on a dish.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat and spray with oil.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook stirring until eggs are fluffy and cooked. Stir in sausage mixture.
- Place 1 eggroll wrapper on a clean, dry work surface with corners positioned like a diamond.
- Add 1/4 cup of the egg mixture on the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Carefully lift the bottom point nearest to you and wrap it around the filling. Dip your finger into a small bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wrapper.
- Fold the left and right corners in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Spray all sides of the egg rolls with oil and rub with your hands to evenly coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 370F.
- Cook egg rolls in batches for 10 minutes, turning halfway or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately with salsa, if desired.
Egg Roll Oven Recipe:
- Bake 400F in a preheated oven 12 to 16 minutes, flipping halfway.
- From frozen, 375F 18 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
Serving: 2egg rolls, Calories: 240kcal, Carbohydrates: 24.5g, Protein: 17.5g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 221.5mg, Sodium: 585mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 6
Purple Smart Points: 4
Keywords: breakfast egg roll, egg rolls