WARNING – This is going to be a freaking long blog post. Bring snacks and a beverage because being that 2020 had us being home a lot more (I’m a homebody so the amount of time spent home wasn’t dramatic for me) BUT my online shopping habits definitely peaked this year and I was already an online shopperhollic so that says a lot.
I’ll be talking about all the makeup and skincare I discovered this year that I love. Now I know the list is long but I was actually VERY STRICT with what I included so this goes to show just how many awesome products I discovered.
Let’s get started!
Ole Henrikson ‘Banana Bright’ Vitamin C serum
- I know smell isn’t important in skincare (we care about results) but I freaking love anything orange/citrus scent! On top of that this serum is incredibly hydrating and seriously makes a difference in the brightness of my skin.
- My skin looks more glowy and youthful and I’m officially a fan of anything Vitamin C!
Natasha Denona ‘Mini’ palettes
- With the exception of the bronze palette, I prefer the mini eye shadow palettes over her larger ones. The shade ranges are pretty, the price point is fair and you get the same amazing eye shadow quality.
- I have 4 now and I love all of them, you can glam up your eye look without being overwhelmed and they are wearable for simple eye looks too!
Fenty Beauty Highlighter stick – Purl
- Feels like water on the skin. It glides easily and gives the skin a wet look. It doesn’t give off color necessarily just glowy.
- Oily skin peeps may not be a fan because it does feel like a watery oil, but it doesn’t break up my foundation.
Youth To The People ‘Yerba Mata’ Facial
- You guys know anything with AHAs/BHAs are my jam. I’m in a constant battle with texture on my skin and chemical exfoliates have been a game-changer for me. I use this as a face mask, not a scrub, after about 10 minutes I rinse it off!
- I love masks with a gritty texture because when you rinse it off you’re scrubbing your skin – 2 birds 1 stone! This product makes a massive difference in improving the texture of my skin.
Lamer ‘the soft fluid long wear’ foundation
- The best foundation I have ever tried! It’s basically flawless skin in a bottle! You skin looks like a filter (natural looking too), it lasts all day long (like seriously all day) and is super easy to apply. I cannot rave about this foundation enough.
- Obviously the price point is ridiculous (and it contains fragrance) but the quality is out of this world.
Mac Glow play blushes
- I rave about these blushes non-stop. Even if you aren’t into cream blushes, you need to try these. They are the perfect first choice for anyone who does want to try cream blushes.
- The formula is super unique and almost applies as easily as a powder blush. They are sheer but buildable and look so freaking pretty on the skin. These get an 11/10!
Too faced ‘Born this way’ the natural nude complexion eye shadow palette
- Every shade in this palette is perfection. Neutrals, warm and cool tones thrown in as well! It’s such a wearable palette whether you want to keep it super simple, soft glam, or full glam.
- The formula is also pigmented AF, blendable, and very easy to use.
Morphe face and eye gloss
- I love the concept of this product! It’s literally a gloss only not sticky and gives your cheekbones a seriously WET LOOK.
- Like borderline sweaty but it looks so nice and glowy without looking sparkly when the sun hits your face. This is an awesome option for the blinding highlight in the day time.
Colour pop ‘lux’ lip glosses
- Hydrating, comfy on the lips, and gives a decent colour pay off.
- These are my favorite glosses ever and the shade range is super pretty!
Stila ‘Stay all day’ Micro tip liquid eyeliners
- After not wearing eyeliner for over 2 years these have brought me back in the game!
- I love the original Stila liner in this range but the applicator is a little too thick for me because I want my winged liner thin (being that my application isn’t good) this isn’t easy to achieve with a bigger applicator.
- These liners are super pigmented and have a bullet-proof wear time. I always double cleanse my makeup off and the liner comes off without any force required. I love these liners so much!
Hourglass Ambient lighting blush – Sublime flush | Review|
- I am all aboard the cream makeup bandwagon now so I’ve reduced the size of my powder blush collection and I definitely don’t allow myself to buy any more powder blushes – hourglass is the exception.
- They launched a new lovely shade and of course, I was going to get it. I did try to resist but it’s hourglass so resistance is futile. It’s glowy and awesome as what you would expect.
Fresh Beauty Vitamin ‘Nectar’ water skin face mist
- The scent of this is so freaking good I can’t even begin to explain how nice it smells. That fun fact aside, this has the finest mist ever, it comes in a massive bottle and hydrates + calms the skin. I’ll 100% be repurchasing this (I usually don’t like spending extra $$$ on a face mist but this one is worth it (and the large size justifies the price).
Colour pop ‘No filter’ full coverage concealer
- I’m incredibly fussy with concealer. My dark circles are constantly out of control as my under eyes are also kind of veiny so I need lots of coverage. I also have deep-set creases under my eyes so I need concealer to sit nicely under my eyes.
- This one impressed my first go (not easy to do). It covers really nice and didn’t crease that much. It’s a more matte finish but still works well under the eyes – I’m a fan!
Fenty cream bronzer – butter biscuit
- This will probably end up being the first cream product I hit pan on. The shade is simply the most perfect bronzer shade I’ve ever come across. It’s not overly warm or cool and just falls within that perfect middle.
- It’s sheer but buildable and is literally fool-proof in the application! I’m still in the learning stages of applying cream makeup, this is literally the easiest to apply and looks good every single time
Mecca ‘Hydra Cheek’ tint and illuminating balm duo
- I was extra picky with what cream blushes to include as every single cream product I have I adore and want to talk about (that’s for another post).
- I simply had to include the blushes that started it all! These cream blushes also have a side that includes a highlighter balm. The blushes are glowy (think that wet look) and the highlighter balms are so easy to blend out and give the skin a gorgeous glow.
- These blushes got me hooked on cream makeup and I still love them!
Natasha Denona ‘I need a nude glow’ powder highlighter
- A new addition into the collection and I’ve been pretty strict with no being powder highlighters as I have enough and the ones I have I love but this one was an exception. It’s super glowy but not overly metallic or difficult to wear on a sunny day.
- The shade doesn’t give pigment on the cheekbone just lots of glowy and now chunky sparkle!
Nudestix cream blush sticks – Matte & Dewy
- It’s no wonder this brand only makes cream products – it’s because they are good at it! They make cream blush in both a matte and dewy (without sparkle) formula, their shade range is insane and the creams are just good!
- They blend easily and look super pretty on the skin and also layer very easily as well. If I had to pick only one thing it would be their shade range! Other brands don’t even come close to having such a wider shade range filled with so many options.
Charlotte Tilbury eye shadow quads
- I use to be a big palette kind of gal but I’ve seriously become obsessed with mini palettes and quads! These charlotte tilbury ones have a banging’ formula (pigmentation + easy to blend).
- The shade options are awesome, you have subtle quads to sparkly and smoky. I particularly adore the original pillow talk quad and exaggerEYES are perfect for work makeup because you get a little glam on the eyes without looking over the top.
Kosas ‘Revealer super creamy + brightening’ concealer
- As a brand, Kosas has been an awesome discovery for me. This concealer particularly is just so freaking good (my under eyes are quite picky to what concealers will and won’t for me.
- This concealer is light, sits under the eyes well, creamy and hydrating (but doesn’t crease too much). It also covers very nicely albeit not full coverage but still pretty good. It’s a good one to try!
Too faced ‘Born this way’ matte foundation
- A very new addition to my foundation collection (because apparently, my brain thought I needed more foundation).
- I’ve loved the original born this way formula – I was legit obsessed with it in the beginning but I do find after a good 6 hours + I don’t look very fresh and I do look like melted ice cream.
- This formula is matte but doesn’t make you look like the Sahara desert, it covers very nicely, applies easily, and lasts really well throughout the day. I love it so much already!
Youth To The People ‘Super hydrate + Glow’ Dream mask
- When I first started using this product I was using it as a straight-up face mask – I’m talking slathering it on and rinsing it off an hour later. Clearly, I didn’t know what a sleep mask was or how to use it. I also don’t like the idea of residue being on my skin all night.
- I now use this product as a night cream and love it! It does require a bit of time to work into the skin but it’s super hydrating, smells incredible and your skin does look like a glazed doughnut afterward. I’m freaking obsessed with this stuff now!
Maybelline ‘The falsies’ Mascara
- It shouldn’t be a big surprise that Maybelline came out with yet another awesome mascara. They single handily make the best drugstore mascaras and one of the best mascara brands in general.
- This one gives you long, thick dramatic lashes with minimal clumping and it doesn’t flake and transfer. It’s become my favorite mascara from them that I have tried!
Colour pop super shock shadows
- These have been a re-discovery for me but now that I’ve embraced cream makeup I enjoy these cream shadows more now than I ever did. They are so buttery and easy to apply, they give a wet look to the lid and are crazy pigmented.
- I’ve only picked the shimmery shades because I prefer cream shadows on the lid over ‘matte’ cream shadows. They are so so so good!
Colour pop cream shadow – Laurel
- I needed to quickly talk about the color pop ‘cream’ shadows because they are seriously underrated! These are essentially your standard cream shadow – no shimmer or reflection just a cream finish.
- I’ve been looking for a good eye shadow primer as I find many out there have a very fluid formula which I don’t like. I prefer a balm-like eyeshadow primer as it’s easy to apply.
- While this product isn’t marketed as an eyeshadow primer, I use the shade laurel as one and it works wonderfully well. It’s easy to apply, create a smooth canvas and if you have veins on your lids – it covers it up well.
- I also find a massive difference in keeping my shadow from creasing and my eye shadow looks fresh all day.
Nudestix ‘Bondi bae’ cream bronzer
- Another awesome cream bronzer – this and Fenty are my go-to cream bronzers. It’s slightly darker than Fenty (butter biscuit) but still incredible wearable for light skin tones.
- You just draw on your bronzer and blend it out – that’s it! It blends out super easily and gives a sort of no contour-contour effect as well. I love it so much I got myself a backup!
Kosas cream colour and light cream palette
- These bad boys are in my top 3 favorite cream blushes of all time! The formula is so unique, creamy, buttery, and just freaking perfect. The shade range is awesome, the highlighter you get in each duo is also awesome.
- They’ve also launched a high pigment line (which I love because the shade melon is my favorite and I love having it in a high pigment as well). These are so easy to apply and look so pretty on the skin, I cannot recommend them enough!
Sol body ‘face and body’ bronzing balm – light
- The newest addition to my cream bronzer collection. I am keeping my cream bronzer stash deliberately small but I didn’t have an affordable option and after all the raves this one got I knew I had to try it. I
- t does come with a slight learning curve (or more likely being that the first time I tried it I was actually going out the universe decided to make it look wonky). It is very pigmented so don’t go too crazy with swirling your brush inside BUT it’s super blendable.
- I’m really really enjoying it and it did take a small miracle for me to get my hands on this bronzer. The trifecta is complete, I have 3 awesome cream bronzers I love!
Drunken Elephant ‘F-Balm Electrolyte’ Waterfacial
- Last but definitely not least is the most hydrating face mask I’ve ever tried. It feels like a thin moisturizer, I slather it on my face and it sinks in so nicely and your skin is just basted in lots of hydrating goodness.
- I struggle to find hydrating masks that actually make a difference and this one definitely does!
That wraps up this ENORMOUS post! In previous years I would have separated this post into two (makeup and skincare) but why not make it a one-stop-shop?! Have you tried any of the products mentioned here today? What products did you discover this year? Drop a comment and let’s have a chat. I hope you all have an awesome day, thanks for hanging out with me in today’s post and I’ll see you all next time. x B